Friday, April 10, 2009

BEDA 9: Regret

I'm late. It's 1 AM, and I haven't written a blog post for today (technically yesterday) yet.

Today I got back home from the trip with my mom about 8:30, it was an awesome trip, I had a lot of fun.

Ok, I kind of bad about these posts. They're getting worse and worse. I just feel like I have nothing to say at all, which is weird for me, because it's kind of a first.

But I feel bad because these posts are kind of pointless. Ok. You know what? They're not going to be pointless anymore. Starting tonight. I was going to start tomorrow, but I have something I want to talk about today. It's pretty short, but it's exactly what I want to say.


It's about... regretting. For a couple of years, I've been kind of regretting this whole big thing that happened with someone. I'm usually pretty good about letting things go. I mean, for a while I wasn't, I held onto everything. But after a while, I decided to let things go, and things were a lot better after that. But I always kind of held onto this. I always regretted everything about it, I couldn't even stand to think about it without hating how stupid I was all over again. For a while I would get a little sick at the thought of it.

And you know, it's weird. It's really strange, what life does to you. I honestly thought I would go through the rest of my life hating this person and regretting everything. But you know... all it takes is one conversation, one honest conversation, to change things. See, I'm a lot more honest and open than I used to be, so when I started talking to this person a little again, that's how I was.

It wasn't like a big deal. I just... said sorry. Admitted how pathetic I acted, and we kind of figured out stuff that went wrong. It wasn't really a big deal, but just because of that, I can move on. I can, not regret it anymore, I can actually let it go. And I don't hate this person. Not at all. I don't have any hate or dislike for this person, and no more huge regret, at least about this. Something that had been kind of eating me up, is gone now.

It's a great feeling =]

No comments: