Friday, April 3, 2009

BEDA 3: Mites, David Bowie, and Break

Alas, I've been sitting here trying to come up with something to say for too long. It's only the third day, and I'm already failing.

Guess what I learned today?
We can get MITES on our EYELASHES. That creeps me out a little. I think about them whenever I rub my eyes now, which I have been for the past 5 minutes, coincidentally enough.
I mean, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not... but I just heard about it today.

Speaking of random facts... did you know that David Bowie's left eye is permanently dilated? When he was 15 his friend punched him in the face. The guy had a ring on his finger, which (I guess) hit is eye. It took like 8 months for the doctors to repair his eye, which they couldn't fully do, which left his eye permanently dilated.

I just thought that was interesting. During earth hour, my dad and I were talking and that somehow came up in conversation. We decided to look it up. So there we were on my dad's computer, in the dark, looking up David Bowie on wikipedia and google images.

In other news...
Spring break!!! I am SO happy. Just, really really happy. I'm excited for these two weeks off =]

Tonight I'm excited because I'm going to a play that a friend on mine is in, and then (maybe) going to dinner or something afterwards (like a group of us).
And then on monday I'm (probably) going to my friend from school's house with a bunch of people (different group of people than friday) and going swimming (if weather permits) or something.
Then monday night or tuesday morning my mom and I are going to drive up to a bunch of places a couple hours away from where I live and just hang out there for a couple of days. My sister will still be in school and my dad has to work, so it will just be the two of us. It will be fun =]
I don't have any other plans for spring break (yet). I plan (or hope) to be spending a lot of time just at home reading, making videos, writing BEDA blogs, spending time outside. Basically spending time not being busy. The teachers at my school weren't allowed to give any homework to us unless it's an AP class. At all. So that means no work for me =]

Alright, that's it from me today. I'm going to go watch Freaks and Geeks until my friend comes over in two hours to go to the play.

Hope everyone has an awesome rest of the day!

3 comments:

The Hatter said...

Is this Harry's play? D: I wanted to go. Anyway, I'm glad you sound happy.Hope your spring break is fun!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Mites! Did you know you can get lice on your eyelashes too? How do you have two weeks off? We only get one. What are BEDA blogs? I love Freaks and Geeks.

Unknown said...

Hee! I did indeed know that about our friend Mr Bowie! Fascinating right?
http://handson.provocateuse.com/images/photos/david_bowie_10.jpg
And
http://captsolo.net/info/my-img/2007/01/david_bowie_1.jpg

Show it off very nicely! Neato!

I hope you enjoy spring break! how long does it last?
We're off on Easter Holidays for two weeks so I am also happy!

Vixxie.