Friday, August 6, 2010

Days 5+6- WHAT am I even TALKING about

haha soo... I didn't do a post yesterday. sorry.

And that's because, I fell asleep reading. Okay so I DID finish that horrible book when I said I would, and then yesterday I started the other book that I have to read for AP English. It's basically about the First Amendment and the history of the freedom of speech/press in the US. So far I actually like it, a WHOLE lot better than the liked the other book anyways. The thing is all day yesterday I had so much trouble actually concentrating on the book. I just wouldn't stop THINKING, until it got to be like 11 (so EARLY for me) and I had read a grand total of about 30 pages in a couple hours and I just fell asleep on top of my book.

Four hours later I woke up, looked at the clock, realized vaguely I didn't do my BEDA post, and then decided to go back to sleep. I could tell my body was exhausted, but for some reason I could NOT go back to sleep. I laid there for like an HOUR, with my body asleep (if that makes sense), but not my head. Not being able to sleep is normal for me (I don't have very healthy sleeping habits), but then even after I fell asleep it was like I still wasn't asleep.

It was like the whole night I was drifting in and out of vividly dreaming and being awake. Like, I'd be dreaming but be awake and then I'd really wake up and then I'd be dreaming again. And when I finally woke up for real and got out of bed I felt like I hadn't gotten any rest at all, like I had been awake all night. And I could remember all of the dreams, without struggling to remember at all. It's kind of been like this for about the past week.

Anyways, enough of that. Today, I played piano! I used to take lessons and actually practice and stuff when I was elementary school, but eventually I got too busy with school and dance and so I stopped. I can still play, but I'm not very good. Occasionally I'll go to the piano and just play around but I don't regularly practice or anything. And I only like to play when no one else is home. I'm not sure why.

Anyways so I have sheet music from the Chamber of Secrets movie so today I decided to teach myself one of the songs. I went painstakingly slow, but I think I actually made some progress! I'll practice more tomorrow when I'm home alone again.

For the past couple of weeks Kelly's and my textbooks have been trickling in, a sad reminder that school is almost here. Two more weeks, and I still have a lot of homework to do. Oohhh shit. Aside from the work though, I find myself just a little bit excited for school. Which is weird, because I do NOT like school. It's just that first week that's always a little exciting, because it's different. But after the first week... the newness wears off and the only thing left is HOMEWORK.

Agenda for tonight- read, eat, and read some more. I have to finish this book by Monday, I've decided. Because after that I have two weeks left, in which I have APES (AP environmental science) work to do and this crazy long and intimidating APUSH (AP US history) book to read. yaaay procrastination. Seriously though, I even procrastinate in things I LIKE doing (this blog is the perfect example). And also I like going completely go off topic. So I'm just going to end here before this post is even LONGER even more full of useless information. Um. Bye.

:D

No comments: