Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Day 3- this STUPID BOOK

haha sooo... it's currently 11:50 pm. oops. again.

Umm sooo... this day has been pretty uneventful. I don't have dance or anything else for the next couple weeks, so I'm trying to actually get the work done that I need to get done before school starts again.

Like reading this book. Thiss stupid, stupid book that I HATE.

It's about advertising. Basically the author is just complaining about how it ruins lives and brainwashes people and blah blah blah and I'm just tired of it. It's only a little over 300 pages but it's taking me SO LONG to read because I can't stand it. I feel like I've been reading for a thousand pages, over and over and over. And I mean, the book was written 11 years ago. If the book wasn't all about media, that wouldn't matter very much. But a lot has happened in media since 1999. Ugh whatever. I just can't stand this book.

I'm nervous for when it comes time to 'discuss' it in english class when school starts. I want to say what I think about it (why I hate it basically) but I'm scared of being shot down by other classmates, and worst of all, my teacher.

See, I'm going to be in AP English, and I'm going to have this teacher that I'm reeeeeeally excited about having. I've been excited to have him since freshman year (he teaches all of the juniors). I got into AP at like the last second basically, talking to him and some other teachers during finals week to try and change to AP, even though it's one of the hardest classes at my school. I really want to impress this teacher, so I'm scared of saying the wrong thing about this book. But if I don't say anything, then I won't make any impression at all. Also, I shouldn't be trying to make an impression anyways. Whatever, I don't know.

haha ANYWAYS, point is, I have like 70 more pages of this book and I'm determined to finish it tonight, because I'm really behind everything I have to do before school starts again.

sidenote: I miss VidCon. I can't believe that was almost a MONTH ago. Those were seriously like some of the best days of my life. *sigh*

1 comment:

g2 (la pianista irlandesa) said...

Having just come off AP English Lit myself, I can say that if you can back up an opinion of the book with examples usually the opinion'll be valid. And it takes practice, like everything else.

And: I'm slightly jealous of your having gone to VidCon. That might be a good post idea...