Sunday, August 29, 2010

Days 23-28 Birthdays and Esther

Hey so. I just DON'T want to blog. I just don't. I haven't been able to at all this week because school started and I was sososo busy with homework and stuff. And then yesterday and today I just didn't want to blog. I can't bring up the energy. It's not that I'm tired... I'm just... not in the mindset to blog or whatever.

But BEDA is almost over and I feel like I should at least TRY to write SOMETHING.

Soo... school started. It's been hard. So much freaking work, and it's only been a week. Tomorrow is Sunday, and I'm going to be spending the whole day working.

I think I'm going to like this year in terms of school though. I mean, it's going to kill me. But I really like most of my teachers and classes, even though they're challenging. And I like driving to school and stuff, I like being in more control of my transportation and not having to depend on someone else for it.

Mockingjay came out and I've been sososo excited for it, and I have it but I haven't been able to read much of it because of school. But I'm trying. Slowly but surely.

John Green's birthday was the 24th. I always like to mention or celebrate in some small way when it's his birthday, since he's seriously had this huge impact on my life. Also, it's so close to my birthday, and it just feels like an important day.

The day after, Esther Earl passed away of cancer, the 25th. I saw what had happened on tumblr and twitter that day when I got home from school, and I was shocked. I'd heard about her and seen her around the internet, and watched a couple of her videos. But her death... I didn't think that it would affect me like it did. She really was an amazing person. I just... I have no words.

The day after that was my birthday, the 26th. At first it seemed like it wasn't going to be a good day, but then I ended up seeing some friends and it was fun, and I just kept thinking of John's birthday and then Esther and the nerdfighters and everything that had happened and how lucky I am.

It was a crazy week, full of a ton of mixed emotions, and no time to let anything sink in. It's all kind of a blur.

I'm happy for all of the people I saw and thankful for the gifts that I got for my birthday, and I'm thankful for the Green brothers and the nerdfighters and just for everyone in the whole community I'm a part of, and Esther reminded me of that.

And I never met her, but I'm never going to forget her.

No comments: