Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 1- Firsts

Right now, it's August 1, 11:08 PM. The first day officially of BEDA/VEDA. I wasn't going to do it. I wasn't even thinking about doing BEDA, but I was toying around with the idea of doing VEDA (vlog every day august, instead of blog). But then it got late and I forgot about it. And then suddenly I was here, on blogspot, for the first time in who knows how long, and I was like, hey! Why the hell not. No one reads this blog anymore, which I find really really relieving. Like, FINALLY. Fuck it, I'm writing whatever I want :D

So today has basically been the most uneventful day of summer. Great day to blog about, right?

But yesterday on the other hand, was extremely eventful. So I'll start there.

Basically one of the owners of the dance studio threw a huge party for her daughter's baptism. When I say huge I mean HUGE. Her and her sister are both, well, rich. She had the party at her sister's house, which is really nice and really really pretty, and has a huge front yard. The party was themed Alice in Wonderland, which was the show we did in February. There was a teacup spinning ride and everything. Basically, a bunch of us in the Senior company preformed a couple of the scenes from the show. And I, was a giant teapot.

After the whole dancing-in-front-of-like-two-hundred-people-in-a-huge-foam-teapot part was over, the party actually ended up being fun. We all changed into normal (formal) clothes, we ate and got henna and Greek danced (OH PA! except no one actually said that) and regular danced and rode a couple times in the teacup ride :D

Also, Dakota Fanning was there! Her and her family are friends with the owners of the studio (who were throwing the party). And she saw me... in a giant teapot. Great.

This summer so far has gone by SO FREAKING FAST it's ridiculous. It's also been a weird summer, because I haven't travelled at ALL, and the weather has been really strange. But it's also been really fun, really just chill and laid back. Like busy but relaxing at the same time.

There have been a lot of firsts. First time Greek dancing, first time paintballing, first time doing vodka shots and drinking beer, first time meeting a TON of my heroes aka YOUTUBERS, first time going to a Con (VidCon), first time waiting in line for over two hours for a picture with someone, first time driving with a license, first time going to so many concerts in one month (like 6), first time having my eye swollen shut, first time singing in a rock band (even though it was my dad, and some uncles and cousins), first time ending something that was so big in my life, first time realizing I was more alone than I realized or wanted to be, first time telling that to someone, first time accepting it.

Today, I had planned on either finishing one of my summer reading books, or starting my summer homework. I did neither. But I did read about 50 pages. I'm going so slowly with my work and reading this summer because of this one book I have to read for AP English. I can't stand it. But I suspect I'll write more about that later on this week, when I'm trying to get through that blasted book.

And I think I'll end here. It's now 11:46. I think I'm going to curl my hair and watch old Doctor Who episodes from the classic series. Curl my hair because it looks terrible right now but hopefully it'll look okay tomorrow curled(ish), even after sleeping on it. And Doctor Who because it's basically the BEST TV SHOW EVER and since I've long since finished watching the new series, I've been going back and watching the old show, the one that started back in the 60's.

Random Awesome Video of the Day:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY doctor who