Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 7- Flipped and Carney

Guess what! I got so much reading done last night after I wrote that post! I read like half the book! Soo yaaay for me :D

And then today... well I WAS going to get a lot of reading done. But one of those American Next Top Model marathons was on. Soo I watched that with Kelly (my sister, haha by the way). And read during the commercials. Or, tried to anyways. And then I read a chapter after the marathon was over and then Kelly and I went to see Flipped!

Now, let me explain. Kelly and I are deeply and emotionally attached to this book. Don't laugh. This is serious :D It's our childhood. As you probably know (whoever you are), I'm a big reader and always have been, ever since picking up Harry Potter in my second year of 1st grade (I repeated 1st grade). But Kelly isn't a big reader. I remember when I found this book, back in 6th grade (soo... 2006?) I found it at the annual book fair that my old school had. And I LOVED it, and since then have read it many many more times. Anyways, so back in elementary school I tried and tried to get Kelly into reading, recommending all of these different books to her, hoping she would love reading as much as her older sister (me). Most of the time with the books I gave her she read the first couple of chapters and then got bored with it, but with Flipped she actually read the whole book and fell in love with it (she was in 4th grade at the time). She still says it's her all time favorite book.

Kelly and I have just like cherished and loved this book and reread it over and over. And so when we heard that it was going to be a movie, we flipped out (haha no pun intended).

The movie lived up to both our expectations. It's really cute (which satisfied my sister), and it doesn't degrade the story to being just "for kids". I think it did the book justice, and the acting, from the kids and the adults, I thought was good. I'm happy =]

Also I like going to the movies with Kelly because we always get candy :D

Okay, so I don't have much else to say today really. I plan on getting a lot more reading done before I go to sleep. It's 10:36, the night is young.

Okay one more thing. There's this band called Carney, and I'm absolutely in love with and OBSESSED with them. I have been ever since like April, when I went to one of their concerts at the El Rey in LA. It wasn't a very big concert, but oh my god. It was probably one of the best concerts I've ever been to. And I LOVE concerts, so I make sure to go to a lot of them. More than my sister and most of my friends anyways.

Anyways, so I didn't know any of the three bands that would be playing at this concert, but like the day before my friend texted me asking me to go with her, even though I don't think she knew a lot about the bands playing either. She's just like me, and loves to go to concerts. Anyway so she had two tickets but no one to go with so she asked me, and I'm SO GLAD I went because now I'm like a crazy obsessed Carney fan. They've only released one album but it is SO GOOD.

Here is their myspace: http://www.myspace.com/carney
I was just listening to an interview they did with NPR, which is why I was thinking about them and just decided to blog about them. (the interview if you're curious: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128668128)
But seriously I really think you (whoever you are) should check them out

That's all I have to say today I think, so good bye. Time to read. See you, blog, tomorrow (kind of) :D

No comments: