Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Stubborn Little Me

One time, probably in (my second year of) 1st grade, I was over at Rebecca's house. Well, I was over her house a lot. Like, a lot a lot. We had this game, called the Indian and the Pilgrim. And also the Pharaoh game. But... that's besides the point. This is about one particular time.

Anyways. This one time I was at her house, I was a little frustrated with all of the screaming going on, I guess. You guys... it's hard to explain Rebecca's California house through the eyes of 1st grade-year-old me. But, yeah. So. What did I do? I decided to stop talking. Period.

I don't know if any of you guys have done that before... but it's really fun. I mean, it's horribly frustrating to the other person, but if you're the one not talking at all, it's really really fun. As mean as it sounds (and is) it's funny to watch them get frustrated. Especially when they tell you you're going to crack and say something. And then watch them be wrong. It's just... really really fun.

So anyways. Back to the story. Geez, I'm almost as bad at this as Sara is. =D

Yeah. I stopped talking. Rebecca and Gaby were like "camille, you're going to have to say something." "camille, you can't stay quiet forever." "camille, you shouldn't keep things bottled up inside."

I finally spoke. But because I decided to, not because they were driving me crazy. Because they weren't. I hate doing things that will umm... prove people right. I hate doing what people want me to do. This has gotten me in a lot of trouble with my parents over the years.

See, that's kind of a weakness for me. If certain people... tell me to do something that I was already going to do... I will most likely not do it. Even though I was going to. I don't know. It's kind of... not a good trait.

I mean, I'm not just saying this. This isn't me trying to like, "define myself" or crap like that. This is me... the same me I was in 1st grade. Like, ok example.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Kelly and I were at mom's work, and I was reading it, because it had just come out. Kelly had been asking me and asking me to play with her. I was going to, after I finished the chapter. I didn't tell her that though. I had like half a page left. Then she said "ok, after you finish the chapter." And of course, impossible me hated that. Impossible me did not want to do what she wanted me to do.

See, it's little things like that. Little silly things.
But like... things aren't always little like that. Like, being more reasonable would probably be a good idea.

Yeah. That's all I had to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know something... that story reminded me of New York. Remember? We were walking to the Empire State building, and (okay this might be wrong...) you had just checked ficlets. At that time, you were writing a series, with I want to say, Blusparrow, but I might be wrong. Anyway, you were like, "NO, thats not the direction I wanted it to go in..." I agreed with you, and then you decided to be silent. (I most likely missed some dialogue in there...)

You had that starbucks bag, with the DCFC CD in it. "Narrow Stairs" if you want to test me (just kidding =P). You swore you wouldn't talk to me until the Empire State building. I kept saying, "No, you won't make it, you won't do it." Then, me being my over dramatic myself at times like these, was, "It's not funny," and jumped around a little I'm sure. But you couldn't help laughing, and that's why I remember that starbucks bag so clearly. You hid your face behind it. Behind that bag you were laughing and shaking your head, "No." You did it too, you made it.

But you know something, I had so much fun with you that day. It was a little annoying, but a... good annoying. You know, the kind you want to have to endure. That whole walk was... so awesome.

Camillo, why do you have to be so cool, creative, musically intelligent, youtube nerdy, gifted with photography, writing, and reading, all at the same time? You are like a big fireball of awesome that can't be contained. But that's why I love you, so it's okay, it's better than okay, it's great.

Look at me, leaving ridiculously long comments.=D

Blusparrow said...

OMG I used to stop talking too. I know what you mean, when I already doing something I will sometimes not do it cuz someone told me to do something I was already going to do. It's almost like once they try to make you do something, it defeats the purpose.