Saturday, December 13, 2008

coffee doesn't go with candy canes *more has beed added... a lot more*

"English is a language that lurks in dark corners, beats up on other languages, and rifles through their pockets looking for spare vocabulary" -I don't know where it came from, but it's hanging in the latin room"

"We as humans can't be perfect unless we're dead" -latin teacher


"the unforunate part of learning is that it's embarassing" -latin teacher


"this is my favorite, I think it's the most beautiful molecule in the universe" -bio teacher


"we're all creatures of our context" -english teacher


"perversion of human nature" -english teacher


"aftificial affection" -english teacher


"I hate you because you can make pretty things with pens" -kelly


"really good literature asks more questions than it answers" -english teacher


"you can't assume anything in the English language" -latin teacher


"English has more acceptions then there are rules" -latin teacher


"If you had learned English as a second language, you would have a completely different understanding of how it worked" -latin teacher

"Living the life of a gentleman" -english teacher

"our stud is going to be an obese man" -sara

"Mary (from Pride and Prejudice) is one of those people who has the curse of knowing what it is to be smart, but isn't smart" -english teacher

"It's so much fun being a teacher, it's a contact sport really" -latin teacher

"empathy is a necessity for knowledge" -english teacher

"they don't have any sense of self-worth because they don't have anything to base it on" -english teacher


"I can see the courage in your eyes, right next to the absolute fear" -Chris Stefanick (he talked at this thing I went to Saturday night)

"I hate the word crowd, I love the word multitude" -Pope John Paul II

"Test everything, retain what is good" -somewhere in the bible


so... um...
what about the goats?
you're not supposed to get that, don't worry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Although, I do like this post and you are so hardcore for quoting a pope, as you would say... I noticed the new pictures.

PICTURE COMMENT TIME:

#1: DUDE, it looks like the freakin' water is coming out from the camera!!! Yeah, I have stared at it for awhile because I think it is that cool.

#2: I've always liked that picture.

#3: I said I liked it on facebook, because it sort of expresses who you actually are.

#4: COOKIE!!!!! I really want that cookie... (Why do they spell "cookie" that way?)

#5: So you know, I was scrolling down through your blog and looking at your pictures, and then BOOM! These eyes are staring at me... it reminded me of the head of the pope at your birthday dinner, but your eyes are less stalkerish and prettier. I like this picture, because you can't miss it.

#6: SHOES!!!! Yeah, that's it, because shoes are awesome like this picture.

#7: Sometimes you just like a picture and don't know why. Maybe, because of the lights.

#8: I love how the square is literally in the center. A SQUARE INSIDE OF A SQUARE. "Stop too." We should all stop too? I don't know, that came to my mind when I saw it.

#9: I remember reading that! (But I don't remember the place... darn, so close to a full memory.)

END OF PICTURE COMMENT TIME

=( I was having so much fun.