Wednesday, December 31, 2008

4 1/2 Topics.

Visiting.

It's 3:44 AM, December 31, 2008. I just read/scimmed through all the way back to my first post. It's... odd. Going back and seeing my old self. Especially seeing her... back in July. July and August I think. Back when she wrote a lot of those "serious" posts. It was interesting. I felt like I was going back and shaking her hand, looking her in the eye, and saying "I definitely know what you mean."

Really, that's what it feels like. I feel like I can see directly eye-to-eye with her, and even though she wasn't getting her thoughts out clearly at all, I know what she was saying. There is an understanding. But I could see the difference too. It was so clear, so so so so clear. I'm different than her. Just a few months, and I feel so different. Visiting those old feelings... I could almost smile. They are still true, still relevant, but... I don't know. I just... I felt like I really was looking her in eyes, the girl, the old me, who wrote those, and having a conversation with her.

It cleared some things up.


Future.

So... I really don't know what I'm doing with my life. I just know... one thing.

I'm leaving. I just... I want to go. Leave. Start over, in a new place. A new state. Maybe even a new country. I don't want to stay here.

And, I don't picture myself staying in one place. I mean, maybe once I like, get married and have a family and all of that stuff I'll stay in one place. But before that... I want to go places. I want to go all over. Not necessarily all over the world, but all over the country, definitely.

This isn't rational or anything. I don't know where I'd get the money. But I could just... picture myself moving around. Not settling in one spot for too long.

Now, I have no idea if that's gonna happen. It's just... what I could see. I don't know. It's just a crazy... picture I have in my head. Because I do, I actually have a picture... in my head.

I just know that... I'm already sick of high school. All of the little things everyone seems to worry about. That seem so irrelevant, once you leave high school. I can't wait to just leave. Get over that.


Pills

I hate pills. For some reason, I always feel like throwing up after I swallow one.

I've been sick. I've actually been better the past like, two days though. We went ice skating, which was fun.

My voice sounds odd, but I actually kind of like it like this. I think no one else agrees with me though. (except maybe George)

Missing/Remembering

I miss some people. In different ways. Some feelings... I'm kind of just now... digging up I guess.

First is easiest: you guys. I mean, I know I just saw you guys. I'm just going to miss this past year. I already miss seeing you guys everyday at school, because I don't anymore. I've gotten used to the way things are now, but I think sometimes reminding myself how much I actually miss you guys is important. I don't know why.

Um. next. harder.
Um. An old friend... I just kind of miss an old friend. Like, it was years ago, but sometimes I still miss them. Miss the closeness, I guess.

Next.
I miss my uncle. Thinking about heaven and hell always reminds me of how scared I was for him when I was younger... at his funeral. And it reminds me of how mad I used to get at God. Still do, actually. Part of the reason I'm so... conflicted.
And I keep remembering my grandparents. My dad's parents. I remember wishing I could have gotten to know them better, because of how amazing everyone says they were.


Family is important. Whether blood related or not, family is important. I take that for granted, I don't really think about my [big] family much. But I've kind of been remembering important things... lately.


There. Four and a half topics for you, fleshed out a little by me. I started writing this just because I wanted to do a blog post, but didn't know what to write. It's now 4:12 AM December 31, 2008. This year will be over soon. It was a... big year for me. I hope you had a good time too. I hope you learned some things, and I hope you remembered some things. I hope you didn't throw it away. I hope 2009 will be a year to remember... I hope for the best. For all of you.

Now, I really should be going to sleep.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leaving. I really want adventure and a different situation. Not have to be tied down to one place seems like an amazing life. I'm sure you'll get your plane ticket, train ticket, helicopter ticket, maybe even a blimp ticket, or maybe just a car that will take you away one of these days.

I hate those pills too. I hate them because they make you sick. I also hate my pills most of the time. That's for a different time though.

I'm sorry about your Uncle. I'm sorry you have to miss him. I get mad at God, um, really everyday now about different things. Really just all these unanswered questions which lead to other questions... I'm rambling, maybe I should stop. I'm really sorry about your Uncle is the main point of what I wanted to say.

Family is very important.

I hope your new year is one you won't forget.

Anonymous said...

It did feel good after letting her go. Some changes are really good. =) Ah, srsly, I did that at the beggining of Christmas hols. Just looking back on the first few posts of my blog, I've changed SO much. That's sort of why I'm so anxious on attending college soon. I want to explore and discover a bigger world. Bigger than this bubble I've created called High School. I don't like pills either. I always feel I'm about to gag when I'm swallowing them. Even the smallest ones. Drink some hot cider or hot tea. That'll soothe your throat right up. And stock up on Chicken Noodle Soup and Ice Cream. =) Hope you had a fantastic New Years! =) - Aren