Friday, May 8, 2009

"crashing by desire"

Current Obsessions
Ballet Dancer- The Twins
Accidents Will Happen- Elvis Costello and the Attractions
The Equestrian Statue- Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
Beard Lust- Natalie Portman's Shaved Head
Mr. Tambourine Man- The Byrds
Jane Eyre
soda in cans
cookie dough
extravagant doodles
bright colors
purple
high-tops
wildly-straight hair

~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~

I'm coming to realize that I just don't have much to say.
Not much to say at all.
I'd much rather show you.





It's a feeling. A feeling of the sun coming back. Of walking with your ipod on, an inner bouncing, an inner laugh, an inner smile. of feeling a little bit too cool because of the shoes you're wearing. of uniform skirts, uniquely worn. of cement-on-converse-shoes. of psychedelic pictures and colors and sounds in your head from the music you hear. of bright, bright colors. bright... bright but soft. soft edges, soft and smooth swirls of pen. of making something pretty out of something ordinary. of having your own color code- making the petals of the flowers green and the stems pink. of making the grass blue, the water green and the sun purple. of chipped purple nail polish. of drinking from soda cans and feeling a bit too cool doing it. of bare-feet and late night studying. of the stillness of the house after everyone else is asleep. of sunglasses. of new ballet shoes replacing old beat-up ones. of the smell of... the smell of summer. of laughing in the midst of the end-of-school-year madness. of being stressed during the day... and carefree at night. of smileys and talks with mom and jokes with dad. of not taking things too seriously. it's a feeling. The oddest feeling. I can't tell you. I might just be able to show you. But probably not =D







It's livng. It's finding your own way. I'm not you, you're not me. Let's not pretend to be. Let's just... let's just be free.

*all pictures are mine- taken by me, edited by me* ... just to let y'all know

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Elvis Costello!

And Natalie Portman, she always has me questioning why I received receptive genes and couldn't look as lovely as she does.

I'm smiling reading your love tribute about summer.

Wow, you have skills when it comes to editing and photo taking. XD

Maria Karras said...

Camille,
Your mother emailed your May blog to me and I LOVE IT. Beautiful, clear, tender, deeply expressive, artistic...wonderful. Congratulations on discovering your gifts.
Maria Karras