Monday, November 24, 2008

A Day to Remember

So like... what Camille said about certain things sparking memories, that's kind of what I meant in the song post I did a couple weeks ago. I didn't get that across very well.

So I don't really have much to say.

Except that, a year ago today I published my first ficlet.

That just shows... how far we've come. I mean, just think about everything that's happened since then.

This past year has been stuffed so much awesome, and so much crazy, and so many things, worth remembering. More than any other year in my life.

And I know Camille and Keegan just did posts kind of about 8th grade. I'm not really... writing because of those. (though I did love both of them)

I'm writing because of Ficlets. I'm writing because I remember November 24, 2007. It was a Saturday. I was getting ready to go to dance. But I had gotten a note from another ficleteer, because I had left them a lot of comments about a week before. They said that they had looked at my page and saw that I hadden't written anything yet.

And so I wrote my first Ficlet. "3 Years Ago" That's the title.

And that kind of seemed like the start. I mean, it wasn't really. But it was around the time when The Island first came into existance.

Can you believe that was only a year ago? Because it seems like a million. It seems like the rest of my life before then, and since then, has been gray in comparison to how bright that year was.

It's kind of ironic, because my first ficlet is about a girl leaning against a tree, looking up at the sky, remembering what had happened at that spot exactly 3 years ago. And I'm sitting here at my desk remembering what happened here one year ago. And everything in between.

I guess I did have a lot to say.

No comments: