Monday, February 23, 2009

Red Lipstick and White Chocolate, Grey Tights and Overcast skies

"Can I keep you?"
-Casper

"Do not consider me now as an elegant female, intending to plague you, but as a rational creature, speaking the truth from her heart"
-Pride and Prejudice

"every view was pointed out with a minuteness which left beauty entirely behind"
-Pride and Prejudice

"I certainly have not the talent which some people possess, of conversing easily with those I have never seen before. I cannot catch their tone of conversation, or appear interested in their concerns, as I often see done."
-Pride and Prejudice

"Miss Darcy looked as if she wished for courage enough to join in it; and sometimes did venture a short sentence when there was least danger of its being heard"
-Pride and Prejudice

"Elizabeth, agitated and confused, rather knew that she was happy, than felt herself to be so"
-Pride and Prejudice

“Gratiano: You look not well, Signior Antonio;
You have too much respect upon the world.
They lose it that do buy it with much care:
Believe me, you are marvellously changed.
Antonio: I hold the world but as the world, Gratiano;
A stage, where every man must play a part,
And mine a sad one.”
-The Merchant of Venice

“Christ what I wouldn’t give to live through an era where pop music, youth culture, social change & some intelligent ideals went arm in arm, tongue on tongue together. Did one ever exist? Can I create one? Do I need anything more than energy & a photocopier. I want to create a band that people will be sorry to miss, and obliged to adore. The Smiths had a special power. As did the Roses, the Jam, and, according to taste, many others. Something very English - imagine having melody, range, emotion, something to say and wear that attracts, interests and informs even instructs those that buy your records & mouth your words. I want to have a crack before I outgrow this youthful urge to be worshipped….”
-Peter Doherty, journal entry from 1999.


"To share the same space for a minute or two"
-Talking Heads

"I'll give him that blissful oblivion, I bet I can make the room spin"
-Lauren Fairweather

"Isn't it funny how some people have problems with freedom?"
-Mrs. Hunnewell

"Cause rain drops will hide my teardrops and no one will ever know, that I’m crying"
-The Temptations

"I don’t mind living in a man’s world as long as I can be a woman in it."
-Marilyn Monroe



"best thing I know is to do exactly what you want for a while"
-Roman Holiday



"You've got a lovely way with words, must be the way you see the world"
-The Virgins

No comments: